of the most tragic aspects of wrongdoing is when people look the other way or
fail to speak up. In addition to knowing the ethical and legal obligations that
apply to your job, you are required to
speak up if:
Table of Contents
- You are aware, or suspect, a violation of the Code of Conduct, the Operational Policies and Procedures, or the law. Note that a suspicion is enough—you do not need to have all the facts or be certain.
- You are ever unsure about the proper course of action and need advice.
- Particular actions or decisions make you uncomfortable.
- You know or suspect that any of the following persons have been or are about to engage in Code violations or illegal or unethical activity in connection with Winrock’s work:
- Any one in Winrock’s workforce
- Vendors, suppliers or other contractors or consultants
- Partners, grantees, subcontractors
- Agents, intermediaries or others acting on behalf of Winrock